- Entries must be the sole work of the entrant, original and not produced under instruction. The work must not have been previously exhibited within the Franklin Region. - Entrants may enter a maximum of three works and a Miniature in Section 1.
- Each entry must have the entrant’s name, address, telephone number, section, category, title of the work, and price on the back. The same information must also be on a separate swing tag which is long enough to hang over the front of the painting when hung.
- The work must have been completed in the 12 months prior to the festival.
- Framed work must be soundly framed with D rings and cord, ready for hanging.
- In all categories, except Miniature and Special Horizontal Format (see below), the maximum width must not exceed 110cm, and height must not exceed 200cm including frame.
- Special Horizontal Format: We will also accept long narrow works in horizontal format; width up to 200cm and height 30 cm. This is inclusive of frame.
- Category 5, Miniature paintings may be any size up to 130mm by 130mm. This does not include the frame.
Oversize paintings will not be accepted. Note: Separate categories are available for paper or dry works (pastel or graphite etc.) and sculptural works (wood, metals, plastics). Please consider your category carefully. The Franklin Arts Festival Committee reserves the right to reassign work to more suitable categories.
Please now continue to read Conditions for all Entries
Conditions for all Entries
All works must be for sale
- Price must include the Festival’s 30% commission.
Original Art only
- All works must be original and not infringe copyright of any other artist. Work must have been completed since September 2016.
Labelling your work
- Please ensure your name, address, phone number, price, title of artwork and section are clearly marked on the work and/or packaging of the work. Special conditions apply for Painting, Print and Paper - see specific information above.
Damage / Loss Insurance
All insurance is the responsibility of the artist. While all due care will be taken, the Arts Festival Committee is not responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during the Festival.
- The artist will be notified if a buyer is interested in commissioning an art work. Artists contacts will not be supplied to outside parties without the consent of the artist. Contact details of those who purchase artwork at the Festival will also remain confidential.
- By entering this competition, the artist agrees that the Franklin Arts Festival Society may use the entry for all promotional and media purposes.
Important notice: The committee reserves the right to remove the 3rd prize from sections where too few artists contribute work.