Entries should be at least 80% wood.
The work must be the sole work of the entrant and not produced under instruction.
Entries must not have been shown in any previous Open Wood Turning competition (excludes club, Treeworkx events) ,
Please ensure that each entry is entered into the correct category. The steward is authorised by the Franklin Arts festival Society to reallocate entries.
All entries must be clearly labeled as shown below.
Works must have been turned on a lathe.
Conditions for all Entries
All works must be for sale(excluding Youth entries)
- Price must include the Festival’s 30% commission and allow for GST.
Original Art only
- All works must be original and not infringe copyright of any other artist. Work must have been completed since September 2017
- Work must not have been exhibited anywhere else in New Zealand..
Labelling your work
- Please ensure your name, address, phone number, price, title of artwork and section are clearly marked on the work and/or packaging of the work. Special conditions apply for Painting, Print and Paper - see specific information above.
Damage / Loss Insurance
All insurance is the responsibility of the artist. While all due care will be taken, the Arts Festival Committee is not responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during the Festival.
- The artist will be notified if a buyer is interested in commissioning an art work. Artists' contacts will not be supplied to outside parties without the consent of the artist. Contact details of those who purchase artwork at the Festival will also remain confidential.
- By entering this competition, the artist agrees that the Franklin Arts Festival Society may use the entry for all promotional and media purposes.
Prizes Important notice
The committee reserves the right to remove the 3rd prize from sections where too few artists contribute work.